DCSIMG

Fire in ground floor Bury St Edmunds flat

editorial image

editorial image

A mother has spoken of her fear at seeing smoke from a fire that broke out in a neighbour’s ground floor flat in Bury St Edmunds on Tuesday.

Two crews from Bury were called to the blaze in Derwent Road at around 6pm.

Neighbour Stephanie Young said she saw ‘a lot of black smoke’ and was worried the fire would spread to her own house.

“It was pretty scary that close,” she said.

Another neighbour, who was overtaken by one of the fire engines on her way home, said she saw smoke ‘pouring out of the window’.

It was brought under control using four sets of breathing apparatus, two hose reels and a covering jet.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page