Fire crews from Mildenhall and Brandon have extinguished a suspected chimney fire in Beck Row.
The alarm was raised at 3.05 this afternoon and crews arrived to find the lounge of the property, in Blackbird Road, smoke logged. They proceeded to cut into the loft space in order to gain access to the chimney breast before extinguishing the fire using one hose reel.
The fire was out by 4.31 this afternoon.
At 2.31 this afternoon a crew from Ixworth was also called to a chimney fire in Quaker Lane, Bardwell.
The fire was extinguished by 3.11pm using one hose reel and specialised chimney equipment.