Education chiefs have re-affirmed their pledge to bring pupils and parents into the heart of their decision making as the consultation on moving to two tier education in Bury St Edmunds nears.
In an exclusive interview with the Bury Free Press in March, Deborah Cadman, chief executive of Suffolk County Council, said she wanted to bring the focus of the overhaul back to the young people it affects and to communicate more effectively with parents.
Since then a team has been set up at West Suffolk House, in Bury, to work with schools to develop the proposals for consultation, which runs from October 7 to December 13.
There will be events for school staff, governors, parents and the public at each of the Bury St Edmunds Partnership schools. There will also be a chance for parents to meet representatives from organisations which have expressed an interest in establishing an 11-16 school on Moreton Hall.
Mrs Cadman said: “I’m quite clear that we must ensure local people have a range of ways they can give their views and that they know where to go when they have questions or concerns.”
She added that the team will ‘help the process run smoothly and effectively so people know what is happening’.