puddle is a tragedy waiting to happen
Linda Baxter, Mid-Suffolk Green Party Stowmarket
A huge ‘puddle’ appears at the corner of Finborough Road and Iliffe Way in Stowmarket whenever it rains. The road was recently re-surfaced and a cycleway created, but it seems that the amount of surface water collecting there was not factored-in when the work was done.
Several people have been soaked as cars drive by. Some of these are vulnerable people like children in prams, adults in wheelchairs and scooters who can’t get out the way in time.
Finborough Road is one of the major roads out of the town centre and this corner is one that those using the car park behind Asda use. It’s also a major pedestrian route to and from Stowmarket schools and a vast area of housing. I am extremely concerned, as it gets colder, that this lake of a puddle will freeze over, with consequences I almost dare not to imagine.
This, potentially, is a tragedy waiting to happen. I urge the county council to take urgent action, before it’s too late.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west