please leave the theatre as it is
Edna Cooke, Out Westgate, Bury St Edmunds
After reading the Bury Free Press on October 26 about the proposed merger of the Theatre Royal and The Apex, I couldn’t agree more with the comments of the former chairman of the Theatre Royal Judith Shallow.
I would like to add that both venues are quite different and perhaps cater for a different audience.
The Theatre Royal is an historic building, looking after its own finances and supported by local people. On the other hand, The Apes is a modern building which cost twice the original estimate and now the taxpayer is called upon to subsidise the running costs.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North