Work to start on conversion of derelict site to affordable housing
The conversion of a derelict builders’ merchants and yard, in Mildenhall, into 12 homes will begin later this month.
Construction company SEH French will develop the site, in Mill Street, into three one bedroom, seven two bedroom and two four bedroom properties for Havebury Housing Partnership.
They have said the existing barn structure on the site will be preserved and sympathetically restored.
Paul Edwards, director of resources at Havebury Housing Partnership, said: “The site has been derelict for many years and I know the local community has welcomed the opportunity to have some much needed affordable homes and rejuvenate the area.”
See this Friday’s Bury Free Press for more information
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west