Woman, 19, was on A14
A 19-YEAR-OLD woman was walking on the central reservation of the A14 ‘hoping that a car would hit her’, a court heard.
Chloe Marie Scott, of Top Road, Rattlesden, was picked up on the road before obstructing a police officer, a charge she admitted at Bury St Edmunds Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.
Officers were called to the road at around 4.15am on July 22 by a paramedic who had spotted Scott on the road having taken her to hospital earlier that day after she claimed she had taken a drugs overdose.
After being arrested, she had to be restrained and locked in the officers’ car.
Judge Celia Dawson gave Scott a fine of £100 and ordered her to pay a £15 victim surcharge.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Council chief to be guest speaker at Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce annual meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west