Wi-Fi to be introduced at region’s stations
Free Wi-Fi will be introduced at Thetford, Stowmarket and Bury St Edmunds’ train stations over the next few months.
Operator Greater Anglia has announced that, working with The Cloud, it will be commencing a project to introduce Wi-Fi at 100 stations.
A wireless internet connection, provided by The Cloud, will be available on Wi-Fi enabled devices for free, for one hour a day.
Greater Anglia’s customer service director, Andrew Goodrum, said: “Since taking over the franchise in February we have been focusing our efforts on improving customer service. Offering our customers free Wi-Fi is an important part of this as we recognise that the internet is a vital part of people’s everyday lives. We are seeing a huge number of passengers using mobile devices and wanted to provide them with a fast, reliable Wi-Fi so they can work, shop or browse easily.”
The Cloud build and operates Wi-Fi networks across the UK and Europe.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west