Why stroke charity is close to Jenny’s heart
HER sister needs 24-hour care after a stroke 27 years ago, while her brother suffered a stroke last year.
So understandably The Stroke Association is close to Jenny Bird’s heart.
The 45-year-old from Thurston is preparing to take on The Great North Run on September 16.
“My sister Caroline had a stroke when she was 28 which left her disabled – she can’t complete sentences or walk very far – while my brother Tim has made a full recovery after suffering a stroke just before Christmas,” Mrs Bird said.
She has run half marathons before but Mrs Bird is recovering from a hamstring injury and says it will be a job to keep up with husband Kevin, who is also running.
Sponsor her at www.justgiving.com/Jennifer-Bird0
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Council chief to be guest speaker at Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce annual meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west