Weather closes hundreds of schools
A number of schools across Suffolk and Norfolk have been closed today due to the effects of the weather.
Norfolk was hit worst, with 262 schools closing across the county. Four are closed in Suffolk.
Children at the Thetford Academy, Queensway Infant School and the Diamond Academy were all given the day off, with staff unable to travel to work.
East Harling Primary, Edmund de Moundeford Primary in Feltwell, Garboldisham Primary, Hockwold & Methwold Community School and Weeting Primary were also closed for similar reasons.
The Suffolk schools that were closed were in Bungay, Mendham, Worlingham and Somerleyton.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Council chief to be guest speaker at Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce annual meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west