Warnings of gales force winds and rain in Suffolk
WEATHER warnings for strong winds covering most of Suffolk tomorrow have been issued by the Meteorological Office.
The yellow ‘be aware’ warning for part of the east of England issued yesterday is valid from just after midnight tonight until 9pm on Friday.
The Met Office says a low pressure area which will hit the south west today will move northwest bringing winds of up to 50mph across southern Britain.
It said: “The public should be aware that damage to trees is likely and that disruption to travel and outdoor activities could also occur. The gales are also likely to be accompanied by some heavy rain.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North