Volunteers take root
AGE UK Suffolk marked 60 years of volunteering, by planting an oak tree at Natterers Wood, Moreton Hall.
Trustee Pat Potterwho lead the event said “Our volunteers are our roots and branches of this organisation and we wouldn’t be half of what we are without them.”
Volunteers decorated the tree with jubilee rice paper for the birds to eat.
Jubilee-themed certificates were then given to volunteers at the community centre.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North