Village sign gets new look
Beck Row village sign has been updated to reflect the community’s close ties with the USAF based at RAF Mildenhall.
A plaque showing the Union Jack crossed with the American flag and a crown and eagle, designed by Gary Rogers, has been placed on top of the existing sign.
The addition, which replaces a faulty clock, was formally unveiled by Colonel Christopher Kulas, commander of the 100th Air Refuelling Wing based at RAF Mildenhall, on Saturday.
The plaque was funded by the British American Committee.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west