Village plans celebration
AFTER five-years of fund-raising, the extension to Walsham-le-Willows village hall and the recently completed Freeborn Garden are set to be officially opened.
On June 4, Joan Freeborn will unveil a plaque at the opening of the garden created and donated by her late husband, Ray Freeborn.
The extension to the village hall has increased the size of the main hall, created more storage space, a meeting room and a toilet as well as providing disabled access.
Rob Barber, community council chairman, said: “This project brings Walsham village hall’s facilities into the 21st century and has been achieved through the collective efforts of many local supporters and dedicated committee members.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east