VIDEO: Children take to the slopes as schools close
As schools across the region shut their doors yesterday children took to the slopes to enjoy the snow.
Dare-devils young and old have been reaching high speeds down this steep hill, on Out Risbygate, Bury St Edmunds.
With no snow forecast for Bury St Edmunds by the Met Office for the rest of this week, these youngsters may soon have to hang up their sledges.
However with temperatures remaining low the Met Office has warned motorists to be cautious of ice both tomorrow and Thursday morning.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east