Unemployed man launches website firm in Bury St Edmunds with support from Havebury
A Bury St Edmunds man who was unemployed for two years has told how he has ‘regained his pride and dignity’ to launch a web design firm.
Paul Unwin started Diamond Light Media thanks to Havebury Housing Partnership who together with enterprise agency MENTA offered tenants business workshops.
Paul bid for £1,500 from Havebury to start his own business and is now looking to employ a Havebury tenant as a designer/ web demonstrator.
“I really appreciate what Havebury has done for me. “I have now been given the chance to regain some pride and dignity and work for myself,” Paul said.
Havebury chief executive Karen Mayhew said: “We are delighted to have been able to support Paul.”
For more on the Havebury scheme, call 0300 3300 900.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North