Two hurt in six vehicle A11 collision
TWO people suffered minor injuries and traffic was brought to a standstill after a six car traffic collision on the A11.
Fire crews had to cut the roof from a vehicle to remove the two victims after the pile up at around 1pm near the Elveden war memorial.
Paramedics tended to the pair, who suffered minor injuries.
Six cars were involved in the incident: a silver Peugeot boxer motor caravan, a grey Vauxhall Astra, a silver Honda Accord, a silver Toyota Celica, a Hyundai Active and a blue Skoda Octavia.
Three fire crews, from Brandon, Mildenhall and Thetford, were called to the scene, as well as an ambulance.
The road was closed after the incident but reopened at around 2.50pm.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west