Travellers move off carpark to estate
Travellers who have been pitched on Bury St Edmunds town centre carparks have now moved to Moreton Hall.
The travellers were moved on from Ram Meadow carpark then went to St Andrews Street North carpark until Saturday when they moved to the forecourt of empty industrial units in Cratfield Road.
A spokeswoman for St Edmundsbury Borough Council said it is up to the land owner to take action if they want them moved on.
She added: “We will make sure they’ve got bin bags and will collect their waste so it is as hygienic as can be.”
Suffolk’s gipsy and traveller liason officer is in contact.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east