Travel vouchers increased by £50
The value of vouchers for concessionary bus travel has been increased by £50.
Suffolk County Council’s cabinet opted to raise the amount available in travel vouchers from £50 to £100 this week.
However, they did not extend time restrictions for those with bus passes.
They were given a number of options - two of which could have seen them go beyond the statutory minimum for free bus travel.
Extending the vouchers was the cheapest option and will cost £60,000 to £90,000.
The vouchers are usually used by the disabled and those in remote locations.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west