Town bids for funding
BRANDON town centre could receive a £20,000 boost.
The Government has offered the money to failed applicants of the Portas Pilot.
Successful applicants will receive £10,000, with Forest Heath District Council and Total Brandon pledging to match that grant if the application is successful.
Cllr David Bowman, Forest Heath’s cabinet member for economic development and tourism, said: “The Government was delighted with the quality of our Portas Pilot bid and this funding will help realise the community’s ambitions for their town.”
Brandon was one of more than 400 towns to apply for the Portas Pilot.
Matthew Hancock, MP for West Suffolk, has backed the bid, which was put in last Friday.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west