Torch lights up school’s Olympic sports day
STUDENTS at Needham Market Middle School had a very special Olympics-themed sports day on Monday – led out by an Olympic torch bearer.
Pupils at the school were divided into 13 different countries and worked on projects leading up to the day to learn more about the nation they would be representing.
And on Monday, network manager at the school Rob Pattison, who carried the Olympic torch through Ipswich on July 5, led the teams on to the sports field holding the iconic torch.
Rob, who started the charity Possibilities to help Aids orphans in Uganda, said: “The children get really excited by the Olympic torch and I get swamped whenever I have it on me.”
Headteacher Jim Neale said; “It was a lovely day, we had great fun and were lucky with the weather”
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- BNI aims for £1 million business growth following launch in Bury St Edmunds
- Priory School gets gold star marking
- Police call for compensation claim not to detract from officers’ ‘hard work’
- Suffolk’s Police and Crime Commissioner sets out priorities for local policing
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west