Top chef backs event
A CELEBRITY chef has given his backing to a restaurant’s charity night.
Jean-Christophe Novelli has donated a cookery course at his school to help Café Rouge raise money for the Rainbow Trust.
The prize will be on offer at the Bury St Edmunds’ restaurant during a charity night on September 18 which will include a three course meal of French classics and entertainment from local musicians Nik Lowe, Ellie Jamison and Alex Fiddes.
Jean Christophe Novelli met the event’s organisers during the Bury’s Food Festival when he withdrew from their competition after he was informed he was in with a chance of winning.
Instead, after hearing about the night, he offered the prize in the hope it would help their fund-raising.
The Rainbow Trust offers support to families with a child suffering from a life-threatening illness.
Tickets to the charity night cost £30, £10 of which will go to the charity, and can be purchased from the restaurant.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Council chief to be guest speaker at Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce annual meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west