Thousands visit village festival
MORE than 89 hours of music were performed at 20 venues around Bildeston at the weekend for the village’s second B Natural music festival.
An estimated 1,200 people bathed in glorious sunshine at the music extraveganza running from Friday to Saturday.
The line-up featured a wealth of top local talent including indie band These Ghosts, The Mono Polies and Ipswich pop rock group Underline the Sky.
The weekend’s entertainment was completed by a stirring performance by the Stowmarket Chorale.
Committee member Jocelyn Targett said: “The weather was wonderful over the weekend – it was absolutely lovely.
“We had 89 hours of music at 20 venues – for a small village that is quite something.
“We put the festival on last year, too. I think it will become a regular event.
“It has been hard work to put on but fantastically rewarding.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west