Thieves make off with horse equipment
Thieves have targeted two stores of horse equipment in separate incidents in Brandon.
The first took place between 10pm on Wednesday and 6.45am yesterday in Church Road.
The offenders cut a lock securing fencing and gained access to a number of sheds within a yard.
A quantity of tack was stolen including a stubben saddle, black dressage saddle, two barnsby saddles, seven western saddles, six western saddles, two rugs and a logic quad trailer.
Between 3pm and 6.30pm on Wednesday, thieves also broke into a shed in a field in Chalk Road.
They took two horse carriages designed to carry four people and three sets of horse harnesses were stolen.
Anyone with information should call Suffolk Police on 101.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North