There’s such a thing as a Gruffalo
PUPILS at a village primary school learnt there is such a thing as a Gruffalo when they welcomed a very special guest.
The children at Rattlesden Primary devoted a week’s worth of study to the bestselling Gruffalo books by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.
They wrote stories, designed book covers, acted out stories with puppets, painted and created pop up scenes.
The pupils even cooked Gruffalo crumble and cakes and made stick men based on the Gruffalo Child’s toy in the books.
The week ended with a fun-filled visit from the legendary title character.
As part of an open day, the school also welcomed more than 40 parents, grandparents and prospective pupils, who will join in September.
The event concluded with an assembly.
Headteacher Bridget Burke said: “The Gruffalo was a major success.
“The parents comments were great and everyone had a fab day.
“There are some things that we do in school which cannot be measured or quantified. Our happiness levels were off the scale.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west