Taxi driver is assaulted on New Year’s Day
A taxi driver was assaulted in Haughley on New Year’s Day.
Police are appealing for information after an assault which is believed to have taken place between 4.15am-4.45am on Tuesday after a taxi driver picked up two men in Stowmarket.
They asked to be taken to Haughley and dropped off near to the church, but when the taxi, a green Skoda Octavia, got to Duke Street in the town one of the men tried to get out and run off.
The other then put his hands around the driver’s neck and threatened him.
After a brief struggle the men ran off.
One of them is described as around 5ft 6ins tall and the other around 5ft 10ins.
Both are described as being aged between 18-21 years old.
One was dressed in jeans and a white shirt and the other in a hooded top and joggers.
Anyone with information should contact PC Steven Duncan at the Stowmarket Response Team on 101 quoting ST/13/9 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east