Stowmarket man charged with possessing toothbrush embedded with razor blades
A man has been committed for trial on charges which include having a toothbrush embedded with razor blades.
Marcus Mayhew, 23, of Gainsborough Road, Stowmarket, was committed to Ipswich Crown Court today by Bury St Edmunds magistrates on six charges.
He is charged with having an offensive weapon in Bury Road, Stowmarket, on August 20, namely a toothbrush with razor blades embedded in it and with possessing a pointed black handled knife at the same place and date.
He also faces two charges of damaging cars and two of using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour towards three individuals likely to make them believe they were under threat of violence. All were on August 20.
He was remanded in custody. No date has been fixed for the trial.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east