State-of-the-art school opens its doors
A NEW state-of-the-art primary school has been blessed during a service to mark its opening.
St Christopher’s CEVC Primary School, in Red Lodge, opened to students last week.
The school replaces Tuddenham Primary School, which was too small to hold all the school’s students.
The new school is an eco-friendly building with 10 classrooms, an art room, music room, roof garden and large outside area.
Headteacher Katheryn McMurtary said: “It’s a lot more airy than the old school and there’s a lot more space for the children to move around and to get the education they deserve.”
The school held a service led by Bishop Jeremy Walsh which was followed by the blessing of each area of the school.
David Bowman, chairman of governors, said: “They have been talking about this school for 20 years – it’s a fantastic building. Compared to what we had, it’s unrecognisable.
“We are very pleased to be in such a exciting building and we look forward to the future.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east