Sodexo reassures diners at West Suffolk venues after horse DNA found in its meals
The catering giant Sodexo has told St Edmundsbury Borough Council and the National Trust that it has not served frozen beef products found to have contained horse at their venues.
The company, whose own tests revealed horse DNA in the dishes, provides catering at The Apex, Abbey Gardens, Athenaeum and Ickworth House’s West Wing but says it only uses fresh meat at all those venues.
The National Trust added that its policy was to source food ‘as locally and seasonally as possible’.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North