Snowfall forces school closures
Heavy snowfall has forced about 200 schools across Suffolk to close or operate under reduced hours.
Among those primary schools open are Walsham-le-Willows, Barningham, Barrow, Cockfield, Great Finborough, Guildhall Feoffment, in Bury St Edmunds, Hardwick, in Bury, Hartest, Honington, Hopton, Sebert Wood, in Bury, Sexton’s Manor, in Bury, Garboldisham, East Harling, Stanton, West Row and Westgate, in Bury.
For the middle schools, Westley and St James, in Bury, are open.
High schools including County Upper, King Edward VI, St Benedict’s Catholic, Mildenhall College and Thurston Community College remain closed today.
For further updates visit http://schoolclosures.suffolk.gov.uk/
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North