Skills minister to visit West Suffolk College in Bury St Edmunds
Minister for skills Matthew Hancock will be visiting West Suffolk College on Friday (14).
Mr Hancock, who is also MP for West Suffolk, will meet with college principal Dr Ann Williams, chairman of governors Richard Carter and vice principal Martyn Wagner before taking a tour of the College.
The college has specialist training facilities in areas as diverse as hairdressing, music technology and engineering.
Mr Hancock will also hear about the work the college is doing with apprenticeships and employers.
West Suffolk College was one of the organisations represented at a jobs fair last month, organised by Mr Hancock in Haverhill.
The college offered advice on apprenticeships, employability skills and work based training.
As Skills Minister, Matthew is responsible for apprenticeships, sixth forms, and further education, working across the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and the Department for Education.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North