Skatepark funding boost
A COUNCIL will lend financial support for an ambitious plans to revamp a popular skatepark.
St Edmundsbury Borough Council will help to finance up to half of the estimated cost of the £300,000 Olding Road skatepark project from its asset management plan.
It will also support user group the Bury Skate Park Experience’s applications for grants from a range of local and national organisations.
The original wooden structure, which was installed in 1999, will be replaced by concrete facilities.
It is expected the park will close over the winter to allow for demolition with work on the new development starting next year.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North