Scouting couple mark 70 years
TWO former Scout leaders have celebrated 70 years of marriage.
Charlie and Maisie Lawrence, 93 and 92 respectively, of Hereward Way, Weeting, toasted their platinum anniversary on Wednesday, having wed on July 11, 1942.
Charlie said ‘working together’ had kept their marriage going.
“It’s give and take and a lot of trust,” he said.
The couple met and married in North London, moving to Weeting 30 years ago.
Charlie led Scout groups in Romford and Ingatestone and Maisie was a Girl Guide leader.
They had two children, Dot and Ron, who went on to give them five grandchildren. They have been joined by seven great grandchildren.
The couple will celebrate tomorrow with a party for around 80 guests at their bungalow in Weeting.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west