School set for sparkling future
A LONG-standing Thetford school is getting used to life as an academy under a new aspirational banner.
Over the last two years, Queensway Junior School has fought its way out of Ofsted special measures, and it relaunched this month as the Diamond Academy.
The school’s new status offers a wealth of opportunities, according to Laura Jestico, principal.
“We have got the freedom to spend on the priorities we have for our children, rather than the local authority,” she said.
The first wave of investment has seen new ICT and music equipment being brought in, with plans for 3D technology to be introduced.
The school’s name was chosen by its sponsor, the Academy Transformation Trust.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east