School raises cash on red letter day
A school has shown it has heart by rocking up in red.
Pupils at Glade Community Primary School in Brandon took part in the British Heart Foundation’s ‘Rock Up In Red’ day last Friday to raise cash for the charity.
Andy Smith, headteacher, said: “We always encourage our pupils to help and support others and are very pleased to be involved with the British Heart Foundation.”
Richard Howitt, Suffolk’s Euro MP, visited the school to support the effort.
He said: “It is great to see young people enjoying the fun of dressing up in red for the day with their teachers and at the same time raising money for research into heart disease.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west