School is top of class in sports pilot
A Bury St Edmunds school came top of the class after being chosen to pilot a new Government backed sports scheme.
County Upper School, in Beeton’s Way, was awarded a distinction in the new Quality Mark, which is designed to recognise the strength and quality of PE and sport in schools across the country.
It is one of only eight schools in the UK to gain the accolade and among four to reach distinction level after an inspection and review by an assessment panel.
The scheme officially launches this month and has been developed by the Association for PE following a request by the Department for Education.
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- BNI aims for £1 million business growth following launch in Bury St Edmunds
- Priory School gets gold star marking
- Police call for compensation claim not to detract from officers’ ‘hard work’
- Suffolk’s Police and Crime Commissioner sets out priorities for local policing
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west