School display is inspirational
Inspirational figures from the echelons of history were the subject of an exhibition at a Bury St Edmunds school in the run up to Holocaust Memorial Day.
The Take A Stand display at St Benedict’s Catholic School focused on leading lights such as Anne Frank, Gandhi and Martin Luther King.
It was set up by the Anne Frank Trust, which trained 15 Year 9 students to give guides around the display to their peers.
The Trust has also held workshops focusing on Anne Frank and taking a stand in society. Kevin Murphy, history teacher, said: “As we were approaching Holocaust Memorial Day, it was a good opportunity to talk about the Nazi treatment of the Jews and the Holocaust. It also helps in RE because we looked at quite a few inspirational people who have taken a stand to help make a better society.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east