Samaritan roars into town
A SAMARITANS volunteer who is motorcycling more than 6,000 miles around the UK and Ireland to raise awareness of the charity has visited Bury St Edmunds.
David Exley is visiting all 201 branches of the Samaritans, in memory of his brother Tim and son James, who both committed suicide.
He met Samaritans in Bury on Tuesday to mark the charity’s 24:7 awareness day, highlighting its 24-hours-a- day service.
David, who is 64, said: “My younger brother Tim took his own life 24 years ago and tragically in 2007 my son James also ended his life.
“I really hope that my challenge will mean that more people will be aware of the support Samaritans offers, that way, some good can come out of what has been a very difficult time for me and my family.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west