Rush hour chaos as crash closes A11
A three-vehicle crash during last night’s rush hour closed the A11 in both directions.
One person was freed and taken to hospital from the crash near Elveden, which happened at about 5.45pm. Fire crews from Mildenhall and Brandon were joined by a heavy rescue tender from Thetford.
The road was closed between Fiveways Roundabout at Barton Mills and Thetford with traffic diverted via Brandon. It was not cleared until early this morning.
The Highways Agency has warned that this stretch of road will face ‘a number of overnight closures’ starting on Monday November 5 and carrying on through November as part of the £134m scheme to dual this last single carriageway section of the A11.
The agency said: “The full closures will allow the workforce to safely carry out clearance work alongside the A11 where it will be dualled, and site surveys.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North