Robbery suspect denied bail
A MAN accused of involvement in a robbery that left a pensioner with head injuries has been denied bail.
After hearing representations from his legal team at Ipswich Crown Court, Judge Rupert Overbury ruled that Bjorn Grahn, 20, of Riverside Close, Mildenhall, should not be granted bail.
Grahn is charged with robbery and possession of an offensive weapon in connection with an incident on March 10 during which 76-year-old Sylvia Ballard was allegedly robbed of her handbag in Kingsway, Mildenhall.
The victim, who was recovering from a stroke, suffered a fractured arm, head and facial injuries as her handbag was grabbed.
Also charged with robbery in connection with the same offence are Derek McCray, 22, of Heath Road, Brandon, and Sean Woods, 21,of Girton Close, Mildenhall.
Woods faces two further charges of theft from a person in relation to two separate alleged incidents in Mildenhall during February.
All three defendants are next due before the court on June 1 for a plea and case management hearing.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east