Reuben’s ‘trim’ raises thousands
AN 11-year-old has had his long locks cut off for charity.
Reuben Handy, from Mildenhall, had 17 inches of hair clipped off to raise money for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
He was inspired to make the sacrifice after his uncle was cared for at the hospice and he overheard a conversation about the donations they require to keep running.
Reuben said:”They were really nice to us.”
His fund-raiser was a huge success, bring in a massive £2,700 for the hospice.
Reuben had been growing his hair since he was six, only having the ends trimmed intermittently.
His lucious locks will not be wasted - he has donated them to Banbury Postiche, to be turned into a wig for people undergoing chemotherapy.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west