Referee passes on the rules
FOOTBALL-lover Matt Drewry travelled to Zambia to share his passion for the beautiful game with secondary school students.
A trained referee, Matt, 22, from Elmswell, ran a workshop for teachers as well as taking time out for a kick around with students at the Amano Christian School in Chingola.
He said: “It was a fantastic life experience, it changed my view on things and made me realise how lucky we are.”
Matt stayed and volunteered at the school, where at least 10 per cent of students are orphans.
He said that football was popular and that having teachers with an understanding of the rules would make a big difference to them.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east