Rail upgrades to be discussed
Rail upgrades, required to support Suffolk’s economic development, will be discussed by Suffolk County Council tonight.
Councillors plan to make the government aware of the changes required on Suffolk services well in advance of negotiations for the next franchise.
Amongst the suggestions due to be discussed at tonight’s meeting are an hourly service between Ipswich and Peterborugh, improvements to freight services between Felixstowe and Peterborough and increased capacity and better trains between Ipswich and Cambridge.
Level crossing improvements in Brandon, regular services stopping at Lakenheath on weekdays and weekends and a rail-bus link between Mildenhall and Lakenheath, will also be discussed.
Current operator Greater Anglia’s franchise ends in July 2014, the following franchise is expected to be significantly longer, running for 15 years.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Council chief to be guest speaker at Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce annual meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west