Pupils embrace adventure
YOUNGSTERS were given an early taste of adventure during a visit to an activity centre.
Children, aged three to five, from Ixworth Primary, enjoyed outdoor challenges such as canoeing, climbing and caving at Thorpe Woodlands, in Thetford Forest.
Nursery teacher Louise Price organised the visit with reception teacher Clare Lambert to show the pupils ‘how capable they are’.
She said: “We’re both keen on getting them outside. We thought it would be a good venture to take them there. They had never had children that young at the centre before.”
“They really embraced the opportunity and their favourite activity was caving. They also did a climbing wall and a couple got right to the top.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west