Primary school awarded good rating by Ofsted
West Row Primary School has been given a good rating by Ofsted, improving on their previous rating of satisfactory.
The school was rated good in all areas, apart from the behaviour and safety of students, in which it was rated outstanding.
Inspectors reported that students in the school’s reception class make excellent progress, especially in their speaking, reading and writing.
They said the teaching is good and that pupils’ progress is assessed accurately.
The headteacher was reported to give good leadership and inspectors found that pupils behaved ‘outstandingly well’ and would ‘care for and help each other’.
Ofsted said the school is not yet outstanding as standards in writing, although average, lag behind reading and mathematics, especially for boys, and some of the work set for able students is not hard enough.
Inspectors also commented that a few students have not developed the skills they need to work on their own.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east