Premier Foods to sell Bury St Edmunds’ factory
Premier Foods will sell their Bury St Edmunds’ factory to the Mizkan Group.
The £92.5 million deal will also see its sweet pickles and table sauces, including Branston Pickle, sold to the Japanese company.
The sale, which will see Premier Foods exceed their disposal target, is expected to be completed in early 2013.
Premier Foods has said all employees, at the site in Mildenhall Road, are expected to transfer to the Mizkan Group.
Both companies have entered a co-packing agreement, which will see Mizkan continue to manufacture certain cooking sauces at the factory for the next 15 years.
For the full report see this week’s Bury Free Press.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North