Players take charity to the streets
AN AMATEUR dramatic group has come up with a novel way to raise money for its chosen charity after being inspired by a classic board game.
The Thetford Players’ Monopoly Race will see teams of fund-raisers negotiating the streets of London for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Racers will have five hours to visit as many locations that feature on the Monopoly board as possible, with a photo of the team as proof.
Bob Waple, chairman, said the group chose EACH after 25 people from families who use the hospices came to see a recent pantomime.
“We got to meet them after the show, these children and their families were so cheerful and happy, a real inspiration, so we want to raise as much as possible for this really worthy cause,” he said.
The group is now looking for teams of between two and six people to enter the event. Entry is £5 per person and teams will be issued with sponsorship forms and t-shirts.
Email Bob Waple on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and an application form.
To help the Players, reach their £1,500 target, donate at www.justgiving.com/robert-waple0
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east