Play plan to stop yobs
PLAY equipment on an estate in Bury St Edmunds could be moved in a bid to stop it being vandalised.
The equipment off St Olaves Road, on the Howard Estate, could be moved closer to the Newbury Community Centre with the idea that people using the centre will be able to keep a closer eye on the area at night.
St Edmundsbury borough councillor Paul Hopfensperger told a meeting of the Howard Estate Association of Residents and Tenants (Heart) on Monday, that the play equipment had been recently vandalised again.
A meeting will now take place between Cllr Hopfensperger and council officers on Wednesday at 10am at the community centre car park. Residents are welcome.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west