Pilot involves eight villages near Bury St Edmunds
Eight villages near Bury St Edmunds will be included in a pilot scheme to assess their housing needs.
Yesterday, St Edmundsbury Borough Council’s rural area working party approved carrying out the pilot in Ixworth, Wickhambrook, Hopton, Great Thurlow, Little Thurlow, Chevington, Coney Weston and Hawstead.
“The pilot is about ensuring that the borough council has the right information to make informed choices about future residential developments and the affordability of housing options available,” says a report prepared for the working party.
Funding of £10,000 was given to the project when it was approved last year.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west