Peggy’s big 100th birthday bash
IN 1912, the first non-stop flight from Paris to London was completed, the Titanic struck an iceberg and sank,
Captain Oates uttered his famous last words – and Peggy Pope was born.
Peggy, who lives at Blackbourne View retirement home in Ixworth, celebrated her 100th birthday on Saturday with a big party.
Great grandmother Peggy worked for most of her life at the BBC in London as a duplicator, moving to Felsham, in Suffolk, 10 years ago to be closer to her daughter Eileen and her family.
Speaking before her party, Peggy said the secret to a long and happy life was to ‘live a normal life, work hard and not drink too much alcohol.
She said: “I am looking forward to getting a letter from the Queen and opening all these lovely cards and presents.”
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east